Information System Graduate Student at
Northeastern University, Boston
I am pursuing Masters of Science in Information System from Northeastern University, Boston. My courses at Northeastern include Application Engineering and Development, Data Science Engineering Methods, Data Management, Database Design, and Big Data Architecture.
I have five years of industry experience working for TATA Consultancy Services. During these years, I have majorly worked in relational database development, python, automation, deploying applications on Kubernetes platform. My area of interest lies in Data Engineering roles.
In my leisure time, I love going on hikes and playing lawn tennis and swimming.
Master's of Science in Information Systems
Northeastern University, Boston, MA, Exp May, 2023
Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering
Visvesvaraya Technological University, India, 2016
Programming: Python, Java, R, Bash, Numpy, Pandas, Matplotlib, SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL, NoSQL
Technology: Docker Containers, Kubernetes, Hadoop, Cloud (Azure, AWS)
Tools: SQL Developer, RedHat OpenShift, Hashicorp Vault, Maven, Jenkins, Ansible, Git, GitHub, BitBucket, Autosys, Postman, REST API, Power BI, MS Visio, Putty, VS Code
Database: Oracle 10g, SQL Server 2019, MongoDB
Designed a relational database management system for a retail store using SQL Server and Business Intelligence Reports using Power BI
Designed and implemented a software system in Java to manage workflow between entities for ease in Organ Donation process and GUI using Java Swing
Hands on experience in data visualization for insights using tableau.
TATA Consultancy Services, Chennai, India
Senior Software Engineer (Nov 2018 – Aug 2021)
• Reviewed and automated manual duties saving 6400+ hours equivalent to 3.6 persons yearly involving automation of Business holiday batch, mailbox request and metadata driven proactive alerting system
• Evaluated Docker container-based application deployment on RedHat OpenShift, Apache Webserver projected 30% cost saving with easy of deployment, consistency, and remediate Not Permitted Technology
Implemented HashiCorp Secret Vault with standard integration of Python script as module and Shell scripting to interact with underlying native API
• Designed Data Flow Diagram of applications for high level overview in MS Visio
• Worked closely with key stakeholders to determine requirements, ideation sessions and assisting in presentations
Software Engineer (Nov 2016 – Oct 2018)
• Migrated OLTP infrastructure to Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Oracle Cloud and job scheduling with Autosys
• Setup Linux batch server including File System creation, secondary failover server, file transfer protocol setup and developing quality batch job shell scripts
• Implemented PL/SQL concepts such as Packages, Procedures, Functions, Collections, Triggers, Cursors etc. to solve business problem statement, end of day report generation, data feed transfer to downstream
• Co-ordinated with cross-functional teams to transfer the implementations from Development and Test to Productions systems
© Piyush Anand ~ 2022 | Thanks for Visiting !